Thursday, September 3, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

First, I should start by saying that we went to Myrtle Beach at the end of July. While we were on the trip, I asked Taylor and Kamie to be my Maids of Honor. After many questions of what that was, they graciously accepted. We am so excited to have them in our wedding!

We, also, told the kids that they could each pick a song that would be played at the reception. Somehow, the girls got the idea that they could sing a song at the reception. I hope they go through with it. If so, you will all love your serenade of "There You Are" by Rascall Flatts. Those girls have the sweetest voices!

This has been a whirlwind week. My mother, Bradette, and Mimi flew into Dallas on Friday. We went to dinner that evening and had lots of giggles and fun! Saturday, we spent the day wedding dress shopping. Amber and Campbell joined us. (I would post pictures, but Todd has this website address. It was a fantastic day that resulted in me finding "the dress" two different times. By the end of the night, I had decided that I found "the dress" on the Internet and needed to try it on. After more shopping on Monday and Tuesday, I still have not chosen the dress. However, we had a fantastic girls' weekend! Thank you again to my family for traveling so far to help me! I had more fun that I could ever explain.

Also this week:
  • I asked my final bridesmaid to join me in the wedding. Jenny Boone has been my best friend since the third grade. We have a fantastic history together, considering she used to pick on me because I was a month younger. :-) She is the type of friend that you can not speak to for a month and pick back up like you never left each other's sides. I cannot imagine what our wedding would be like without her! (I'm not sure she'll still agree to be in it after seeing this picture. I am on the left, and JB is on the right. Maybe it's me that should be embarrassed!)
  • We booked our photographer: http://www.imagovitaphotography.com/. Shannon Phillips is the owner. Even though Todd and I have not met her in person, we had a great webcam conference with her. We are very confident in this decision and so pumped to start working with her. Check out her work because she is amazing!!
  • Mom helped us register for China, everyday dishes, stemware, and flatware.
  • We picked our invitations.
  • We bought 'thank you' cards.
  • We worked on our save the dates.
  • We polled the bridesmaids about dresses.

I think that sums up the week. Like I said, it's been a whirlwind. Mom, Todd, and I have stayed up visiting way past our bedtime. One night, Mom and I even stayed up past Todd and giggled at bridesmaid dresses and the Dell support technician. (Sorry, Amandeep.) It has been tiring and a complete blast! I am so sad that she's going home tomorrow. Mom, I hope you know how much I appreciate everything you do for us! Todd and I both love you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment