Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Thank you so much Janna, Charmaine, Fran, and Mary! I cannot thank you enough. My mom has the greatest friends!!
Friday, September 18, 2009
First, I made the hardest decision, yet. I ordered my wedding dress!! I flip-flopped back and forth between about 4 dresses for the last several weeks. However, I finally made the decision and placed my order. I am proud to say that the ladies at Lasting Bridal Couture are the most patient women in the world! I'm pretty sure they have decided that I wasn't worth the commission. Ha! However, I am very happy with my dress, and I can't wait to see the actual one in February.
Next, we ordered bridesmaid dresses. These are coming from Ann Taylor. We got a great deal on a dress Todd and I had been eyeing for weeks. My bridesmaids will really make these dresses look gorgeous! Hopefully, they will be here next week. (Bradette, I'm putting yours on. ;-) )
Then, I spoke with a dear family friend, Mary Pearce, about putting together my bouquets. She did the ones for Bradette's wedding, and they were gorgeous! Luckily, she agreed to oblige me on this request. She's a fantastic and creative woman!!
Finally, we ordered invitations. Now, I know some of you may be wondering why you still haven't received your save-the-date. We haven't decided what we're doing for those, yet, so we haven't sent them out. However, we should have invitations in the mail to us soon. At least we're a little ahead of the game on that order.
Like I said, it's been a big week. I think we'll take next week off from wedding planning. (Maybe that's because I'll be traveling for work.)
Thursday, September 3, 2009
We, also, told the kids that they could each pick a song that would be played at the reception. Somehow, the girls got the idea that they could sing a song at the reception. I hope they go through with it. If so, you will all love your serenade of "There You Are" by Rascall Flatts. Those girls have the sweetest voices!
This has been a whirlwind week. My mother, Bradette, and Mimi flew into Dallas on Friday. We went to dinner that evening and had lots of giggles and fun! Saturday, we spent the day wedding dress shopping. Amber and Campbell joined us. (I would post pictures, but Todd has this website address. It was a fantastic day that resulted in me finding "the dress" two different times. By the end of the night, I had decided that I found "the dress" on the Internet and needed to try it on. After more shopping on Monday and Tuesday, I still have not chosen the dress. However, we had a fantastic girls' weekend! Thank you again to my family for traveling so far to help me! I had more fun that I could ever explain.
Also this week:
- I asked my final bridesmaid to join me in the wedding. Jenny Boone has been my best friend since the third grade. We have a fantastic history together, considering she used to pick on me because I was a month younger. :-) She is the type of friend that you can not speak to for a month and pick back up like you never left each other's sides. I cannot imagine what our wedding would be like without her! (I'm not sure she'll still agree to be in it after seeing this picture. I am on the left, and JB is on the right. Maybe it's me that should be embarrassed!)
- We booked our photographer: http://www.imagovitaphotography.com/. Shannon Phillips is the owner. Even though Todd and I have not met her in person, we had a great webcam conference with her. We are very confident in this decision and so pumped to start working with her. Check out her work because she is amazing!!
- Mom helped us register for China, everyday dishes, stemware, and flatware.
- We picked our invitations.
- We bought 'thank you' cards.
- We worked on our save the dates.
- We polled the bridesmaids about dresses.
I think that sums up the week. Like I said, it's been a whirlwind. Mom, Todd, and I have stayed up visiting way past our bedtime. One night, Mom and I even stayed up past Todd and giggled at bridesmaid dresses and the Dell support technician. (Sorry, Amandeep.) It has been tiring and a complete blast! I am so sad that she's going home tomorrow. Mom, I hope you know how much I appreciate everything you do for us! Todd and I both love you dearly.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Both of my sisters, Jenny and Amber, will also be bridesmaids. (I know the picture is old, but we tend to take more pics of the kids when we're all together.)
Monday, June 22, 2009
I would post my pictures, but they do a much better job on their website. Here are a few I borrowed. :-)
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
June 12 and 13 is my 10-year High School reunion. We are getting so old. :-) While we're there, we're going to see Vesica Piscis with the set-up for our wedding. Therefore, we'll be able to tell if we can fit all of our guests without some having to sit in the restroom all evening. I'm really hoping they surprise me with a great layout that will work for us!
Keep your fingers crossed!